CLUB LAUNCH SERVICE
Rob Falck, Bosun at SCYC, 01758 712338, email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Easter – End April||By arrangement – 24 hours’ notice|
|1st May – 7th July||09:00 – 17:00|
|8th July – 31st August||08:30 – 18:00|
|1st – 15th September||09:00 – 17:00|
|16th – 30th September||By arrangement – 24 hours notice|
ALL LAUNCHES WILL RUN FROM THE CLUB JETTY UNLESS AFFECTED BY ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
THE LAUNCH SERVICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AFTER DARK
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PASSENGERS – 12 TO A LAUNCH
Club Launch Rules
To ensure compliance so far as possible with health and safety legislation, launch licensing requirements and the requirements of the Club’s insurers, the following rules will apply to the use of the Club’s launches with effect from 1st January 2013:
- All members of the launch crews will wear a lifejacket at all times. In addition, all crew members will wear a uniform consisting of a navy blue polo shirt or a fleece with the word Crew or Staff on it. In bad weather conditions, wet weather gear will be worn with the Club name on the back of it.
- All passengers (whether Club members, their guests or visiting sailors) must wear a lifejacket at all times when on board a launch and also when embarking and disembarking. Persons not complying will not be permitted on board.
- Not more than 12 passengers plus up to two crew members are permitted to travel on any launch. Every passenger has a responsibility to check that the launch on which he or she intends to travel is crewed in accordance with Rule 1 and not overloaded and to decline to travel otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, not more than 12 passengers are permitted even if there is only one crew member on board.
- Every member is responsible for ensuring that these Rules are drawn to the attention of his or her guests and that such guests comply with same in all respects.
- Radio requests for a launch pick-up must include the number of persons to be embarked to enable efficient pick-up planning to be made.